Tuesday, April 15, 2008

14th April 2008

From an outing in the evening, to what's supposed to be -just-another-day-passed, now things have just turned ugly.... I'd like to compare many thing son a scale. These are the legends:

Outing with friends - positive side of scale
Normal day - 0 (neutral)
Bad day - negative side of the scale

Can imagine?
Anyway, forget all the supposed-to-be s. Here's how I spent my birthday.

Woke up in the morning. Went online. Received a few more birthday messages. Mum and Dad at work. Bro at home, sick. High fever. At first, I thought it was just normal fever and he'll wake up feeling better. However, his fever which was acquired from Sunday, lasted and not just lasted, it went overboard.

I sponged him, fed him, hydrate him, and so on. My Mum DID brought him to see a doctor at 1am in the morning but his temperature is still 38.8. He couldn't stand it anymore, so my Mum decided to take a half-day leave to bring him to Putra Hospital (formerly known as Southern Hospital).

As it was lunch time, our regular doctor(including me during childhood), Dr. Zainal was out till 2.30pm. We brought him to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department first to get him a place to rest and also take his weight, blood pressure....etc. etc.

My Mum called Dr. Zainal, telling him our condition. He agreed to rush back, so my Bro was then brought up to his clinic at 3rd floor. Checks, checks and more checks. Virus in the end, but a nasty one, so he suggested that my Bro be warded and given drips.

He took some blood to test for other possible causes(hopefully, no dengue). I decided to put up a night there with my Bro and Mum. Luckily, I have my phone with me or I'll die of boredom. I guess people are just too busy and caught up with their own stuff to chat. Besides, phone bills aren't cheap. Don't blame them.

It was a rough night, really. My Mum and I shared this unoccupied bed beside my Bro's. But in the end, my ever loving Mum slept on the chair to give me more space. Thank you so much,or I wouldn't be blogging now when she's having her beauty sleep.

I couldn't help but think to myself. What a birthday. But, I'm not complaining. I'd rather miss a 100 more birthdays than to abandon my Brother.

Looking on the bright side, there can never be a more perfect postponing. Cause I won't be able to attend my birthday outing if I didn't already postpone it. So, yeah. No troubling others.

I'm now taking a break. So is my Mum. My Dad is taking over the shift now. I really wish he'll recover ASAP. Another lucky thing is today's a holiday for Malaccans. That's why I love my birthday cause the next day is always a holiday. That is if you're in Malacca.

That's all for now. I think I'm gonna need some sleep myself too. *yawns*

0 comments:

 
Common Room © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você